NWPRRHS (NorthWestern Pacific Railroad Historical Society for those NOT in the know) Awards dinner in the afternoon, then a bocce ball potluck with friends late afternoon early evening. This little engine is known as the "Quarter Pounder"
My first "movie" with the new camera, excuse the ending, and NO, it did not run over my foot.
If you're reading from the back to the front anyway.
Saturday afternoon, I went to wash a bug splatter off the lower right part of my windshield, and when I looked there was a starred chip in the windshield. Ever the optomist, I hoped it would be stable. Another call to the insurance Co!
International Pun Contest :Here are the ten first place winners in the International PunContest:
1. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'
2. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire inthe craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
4. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my Electron.' Theother says 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'
5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.
6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. 'But why?', they asked, as they moved off. 'Because,' he said,' I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer.'
7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to Spain , they name him 'Juan'; the other went to a family in Egypt and is named 'Ahmal.' Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, 'They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal.'
8. A group of friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him.So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to 'persuade' them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop.Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time,which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a supercalloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
10. And finally, there was the person who sent ten different puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh.No pun in ten did.
I have spent most of today setting up, installing software and learning to use our new camera. Our Pentax33L died a sudden inexplicable death. The viewing screen died. So, off to Costco for a new (on sale) Panasonic Lumix TZ4. First, the battery had to charge for 2 hours. Then the memory card had to be formatted. While this was going on, I visually scanned the instructions to find out how to do the basics. Like our last camera, this does MUCH more than we will ever use.
As for Lily, since we got her 3 years ago, she has always preferred to drink water from an algae laden ceramic bowl on our porch or from a dripping bathroom faucet rather than her stainless steel pristine water bowl. When she drinks, she most often wets her paw and licks the water off it. The last several days she has had us on the edge of our seats as she stuck her paw in a green transparent glass vase full of thorny rose blossoms to wet her paw. Then, she goes into the kitchen and eats the kibble that Michaela has spilled onto the floor before eating her own food. She's preparing for tough times. Is this a mugshot or what?
Michaela's eating habits have been odd also. Because of her kidney disease she was put on a diet of special kidney friendly kibble. She ate it with gusto for awhile, then suddenly wouldn't touch it. A friend suggested Beech nut chicken baby food. She ate THAT with gusto for awhile, then suddenly wouldn't eat it. She ate a little bit of Lily's dry food for awhile. Then she suddenly liked her special dry food again. Now it's smorgasboard (with a little roasted chicken bits thrown in.) Also she gets to lick the empty tapioca container.
Lastly, but of greatest importance, is The Boss is sick with another cold. Last time she lost her voice for like 5 weeks. Send your positive thoughts and antibiotics her way please!