Monday, May 25, 2009

I've been working on a railroad

I've just recently started working with a great group of gentlemen restoring an old caboose, built I believe in 1898, from the Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railroad. They have done an amazing job, and I am mostly just trying to stay out of their way.

BEFORE ( a long time ago)

















A more recent before.(2 years ago, shortly after arrival)

And now.

You may note the lack of trucks (wheels) and the cupola. The cupola is off getting a separate facelift. The trucks, which have their own amazing stories, arrived this weekend.  Again, BEFORE

And now
Several photos by Gus, Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I left a comment here yesterday, but it's gone now, what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never got it. And what,pray tell, were your insightful words of wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try this again. Here's a couple links about my friends who bought and restored a rail car:

    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/cassidy/2007/12/04/couple-close-to-restoring-100-year-old-yosemite-rail-car/

    http://www.yv330.com/

    ReplyDelete