This has been my career in the railroad (volunteer restoration) biz for the last several sessions. So far I'm just stripping the blue painted beams and the 4 or 5 coats of paint beneath that. At that, it's only about half the car since someone else did half. I took a stab at the alligatored ceiling. Merde! The heat gun didn't seem to faze it, sanding was not very successful either.
The morning was spent checking out an old baggage car that has been converted into a small house. We were trying to establish it's origins to particularly see if it was tied to the North Western Pacific RR.
After 3 hours of test sanding in likely ID locations, we finally found what appears to be the letters "E" in gold leaf. It's last years may have been as a Maintenance car.
The car appears to be made of redwood from what we're seen so far, but those could be repairs.